Sunday, July 15, 2007

Happy 61st birthday to our king - His Majesty the Sultan of Brunei Darussalam


There's the big mama, 400mm f2.8 IS. I was busy snapping pix during the lineup of the RBAF and RBPF personnel on the field during the parade on His Majesty's 61st birthday at Taman Soas . Thanks to Pixels and Grain for this picture.
I think it was Hamsul if I didn't forget his name.
Thanks man.
Apparently this lens has attracted a lot of attention that even tourist and viewers outside the field requested me for picture taking - NOT I taking their pictures BUT THEY TAKE PICTURES OF ME WITH THE BIG MAMA and them :o Happened twice and once with Zadm.
What i feel about this lens?
good contrast, very sharp, no colour cast and very fast focusing, even on a 5D BUT TOO HEAVY and hard to handle on such events especially when I was carrying 2 bodies and other accessories on me and RUNNING AROUND. The other set was 5D + 70-200 f2.8 IS + 580EX speedlight and an additional lens 24-70 f2.8 (L) hung onto my belt inside a lowerpro case. I kinda missed some shots when switching from one system to the other due to the weight which was really slowing things down and this thing has to be attached to a monopod. Good pictures but making me clumsy. I could work faster and there's an even better option to this...what is it? its for me to know & for you to find out :o

No comments: